Energia Customer Service Student Placement 2020/2021
Your new company…
As Energia Group we are already working for you every day.
How? As Ireland’s leading energy provider, we generate and supply energy to hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses across the island of Ireland via our Power NI, Power Procurement and Energia businesses. Chances are, when you flick the switch we’ve had something to do with the lights coming on.
As you can imagine, powering over 1 million customers takes a pretty big team of people who as powerful and energetic as the electricity we supply. Our industry is in a constant state of change and we need exceptional people like you to help us deliver the future of energy. So… are you ready to switch on your career with Ireland’s leading energy provider?
Your new role… The successful candidate will report to the Customer Service Manager and will be responsible for providing business support for the Customer Services Department. With a positive attitude and willingness to learn, you will be given every opportunity to acquire new skills and gain a valuable, working knowledge of one of Ireland’s most successful companies.
• Managing the customer service mailbox
• Resolving Debt Team queries within targets set by the business
• Maintain records for VAT and CCL certificates
• Respond to customer queries/complaints
• Telephone support for inbound billing queries (2nd phase of secondment)
• Provide reception cover
• Attend Charity Group Meetings and participate in fund raising for nominated charity
• Ad hoc duties as required in relation to Customer Service processes
• Monthly operational reports
• Ensure all meter readings are issued to relevant Network
• Respond to all customer queries received within target set by the business
• Liaise with other departments to ensure actions are completed
• Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Record receipt of VAT/CCL certificate/Update billing system/amend customer account
• Reception duties to include assignment of post, meet and greet visitors, cheque lodgement and returned mail
• Produce and maintain activity reports for month end management reports
• Develop business and product knowledge in both ROI/NI markets to provide telephone cover during lunch and times of peak volume (2nd phase of secondment)
SALARY AND BENEFITS
What will you get?
An attractive benefits package with the opportunity to earn a bonus of up to £500 at the end of your placement. This role will be based in our newly refurbished offices in Belfast which offers free coffee/tea and kitchen facilities, along with soft rooms for informal meetings and a recreational area for break times.
The successful candidate will be enrolled into the Company Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of up to 6% and will also avail of 20 days holiday per year plus 11 statutory days. A range of additional employee benefits include: employee assistance programme, social clubs and free gym membership.
On placement you will be welcomed onto the IGNITE Student Placement Programme where you will learn more about team building, personal effectiveness, building resilience and presenting yourself, all skills that will not only benefit you on placement, but throughout your whole career. Find out more about our student Programme by emailing us at: [email protected]
Knowledge and Experience
• Module results to date must have a combined average in excess of 60%, up to and including 2019 Semester results.
• A high level of customer focus
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
• IT literate with a sound working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Previous experience working in a customer relations environment
• Selection criteria may be adjusted depending on response levels
• Drive for Results
• Taking Ownership
• People and Team Development
What are you waiting for…?
To apply for the above vacancy please return a current CV to [email protected] quoting ‘Energia- Customer Service Placement Student.’
Additionally, please complete the attached Equality Monitoring Form and return to [email protected] quoting ‘Energia- Customer Service Placement Student’ in the subject line. Your application will be considered incomplete if you fail to return both monitoring form and CV. Please note: testing may form part of the selection process.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 12th January 2020.