Your new company…
As Energia Group we are already working for you every day. How? As Ireland’s leading energy provider, we generate and supply energy to hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses across the island of Ireland via our Power NI, Power Procurement and Energia businesses. Chances are, when you flick the switch we’ve had something to do with the lights coming on.
As you can imagine, powering over 1 million customers takes a pretty big team of people who as powerful and energetic as the electricity we supply. Our industry is in a constant state of change and we need exceptional people like you to help us deliver the future of energy. So… are you ready to switch on your career with Ireland’s leading energy provider?
Your new role…
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing comprehensive support for the HR team within Energia Group. This is an opportunity to work in an exciting fast paced environment and offers significant personal growth, with the scope to develop into a wider range of HR activities.
• Manage the co-ordination of all training and development activities including: liaising with course facilitators, sourcing, pricing and booking venues, communications to all delegates, issuing joining instructions, managing waiting lists, catering etc
• First point of contact for all L&D related queries
• First point of contact for all HR related queries including managing the HR inbox
• Assist with the recruitment and selection process including advertising vacancies, scheduling interviews, preparation of interview packs, notifying candidates of interview outcomes, carry out pre-employment checks • Represent the Company at career fairs
• Draft appointment letters and contracts
• Issue new starter packs
• Process fair employment monitoring information
• Responsible for accurate input of all information onto the HR information system
• Responsible for updating the Company’s intranet site
• Participate on the communication and involvement groups as note taker
• Participate on the student Charity Committee organising fundraising events for the chosen charity of the year
SALARY AND BENEFITS
What will you get?
An attractive benefits package the opportunity to earn a bonus of up to £500 at the end of your placement. This role will be based in our newly refurbished offices in Belfast which offers free coffee/tea and kitchen facilities, along with soft rooms for informal meetings and a recreational area for break times.
The successful candidate will be enrolled into the Company Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of up to 6% and will also avail of 20 days holiday per year plus 11 statutory days. A range of additional employee benefits include: employee assistance programme, social clubs and free gym membership.
On placement you will be welcomed onto the IGNITE Student Placement Programme where you will learn more about team building, personal effectiveness, building resilience and presenting yourself, all skills that will not only benefit you on placement, but throughout your whole career. Find out more about our student programme by emailing us at: [email protected]
Knowledge and Experience
• Applicants must be studying towards an honours degree in Human Resources or a degree with a specialism in Human Resources and have completed year 2 by the end of June 2020.
• Module results to date must have a combined average in excess of 60%*
• Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint *The module results combined average may be increased if we have a high level of interest*
• Drive for Results
• Taking Ownership
• People and Team Development
• Judgement and Decision Making
How to Apply
To apply for the above vacancy please return a current CV and completed monitoring form to [email protected] quoting ‘HR Placement Student’. Please note; testing may form part of the selection process. Your application will be considered incomplete if you fail to return both monitoring form and CV.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 16th February 2020.