Keeping Everyone Cosy in the Cold:
- With winter just around the corner, leading older people’s charity - Age NI - has joined forces with Power NI to launch a campaign aimed at supporting older people by providing tips and advice on how to stay well and warm in their homes during the winter.
- Energia is also helping consumers curtail winter household costs with their energy efficiency scheme “Cosy Homes”. By undertaking an energy efficiency project in their home, consumers can achieve longer-term savings, according to the energy supplier.
Ireland’s Most Christmassy Home:
- Ireland’s premier Christmas competition, ‘Energia Ireland’s Most Christmassy Home Competition’, returns for 2019. Now in its fourth year, entries will open on the 25th November to find the best decorated home in Ireland at Christmas time.
- Last year the competition was extremely popular with households across Ireland, with over 80 entries and 1.7 million people reached in total. Over 2,200 people voted for the 6 finalists, with Anthony Doyle from Wicklow winning €3,000 for his chosen charity - Arklow Community First Responders.
Enchanted Winter Garden Sponsorship:
- Power NI Enchanted Winter Garden returns to the award-winning Antrim Castle Gardens this December, where the gardens are transformed into a magical world of enchantment, with an array of dazzling attractions to brighten up Christmas. Mayor of Antrim and Newtownabbey, Alderman John Smyth commented, “Each year Enchanted Winter Garden exceeds all expectations, attracting thousands of visitors to our Borough. I am thrilled to have Power NI as the headline sponsor and with their support we will collaboratively light up lives across Northern Ireland in the magical run up to Christmas”.